Friday, March 18, 2011

To the Aviation Park!!!

I thought this sign was funny!
Well hello again my friends, or casual visitor, to this my silly blog! I am glad to share with you all once again. If this is your first time, WELCOME!!
Ok, let's get STARTED!!!!
Today was a beautiful day in the DMV!!! (D.C., MD., and VA). The weather made it near the 80's today, and you know what that means to people like myself who try to snap what ever they can, YES!!!!! RECESS!!! I grabbed my camera, and tried to figure out, what I was going to attempt to shoot today..........an Air Plane flew over head, and the light bulb went off!! I live near and aviation park, why not take advantage! So I jumped in my truck with my camera in bag (whom I have yet to name, remember to give suggestions, so that I can give my camera a name. Remember, my camera is a LADY), and vroomed over to the Park.
Due to the weather, it seemed like every other person with a camera had the same idea!! One of the photographers, of which I met,  also had a Nikon D90, (Shout out to my new camera friend Yoli!). As the planes flew by to land, we all scrambled in position to get a picture of these wonderful planes, which were so close to us. I felt more like a kid, then that of a budding photographer. I have always loved planes, so this was a definite treat!!
Landing with the Moon in the background.
I felt I took a few half decent shots, while running to the positions that I found myself jockeying for. To be honest I felt like a power forward trying to get in position to get a rebound, instead of taking pics lol. I guess this all has to do with everyone feeling like the other has the best spot, you know that crab in the barrel syndrome. lol
Nah it was not that bad, we all laughed at times when someone bumped or tripped in the process.


While I was waiting in between shots, I looked over and found myself taking pics of the little children who shared my enthusiasm as well about seeing the planes. They ran and jumped with pure glee as each majestic vessel passed them by. It was a perfect transition to to have my lens focus on them. 
Well at least I thought so, I guess that trumps any other opinion at this point right? lol
So after getting permission from their parents, I got my click on and captured these shots.





My Favorite Picture of the Day!
Today was a good day! I hope the morrow brings forth the same weather, and a venue where I can put these budding skills to use. I am truly finding this hobby to be a time of solace and a positive release. I hope to soon share more technical things that I am learning, so we can learn together.
Remember I need a name for my Camera.

Thanks again, and I will keep keep you posted to each CLICK CLICK CLICK I attempt.
Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. glad you are capitalizing on these spontaneous opportune times of capturing different natural elements....Keep up the good worrkk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Samie-Jo, let me thank you as well for being my first follower!
    I will keep trying, and thanks for subscribing,I hope to keep you entertained ;-)

    ReplyDelete