Tuesday, March 8, 2011

First attempt at a sports venue....

Getting things Started
Welcome to another attempt of mine, trying to figure out this wonderful art form known as photography. The ride is never the same, nor will you find consistency at this point, but hey give me an A for effort or any other Ra-Ra's that can help this poor man feel like he is doing something right. :-)
So here we go! The other day I was fortunate to be able to see a great friend of mine, whom I view as a little brother, play basketball. For those who may know me, I LOVE BASKETBALL!!! So when he asked if I wanted tickets, best believe I jumped on the opportunity. While doing so (jumping up and down at this point), I asked, uhmmmmm errrrrrrraaaaaa, can I bring my camera? He replied yea, I WAS TOO HYPED!! Ok so what to do now, uhm what lens, what about the lighting, how close will I be, will the crowd be too hype? Questions in my head plagued me. Once I got a hold of my thoughts, I was good. The only thing I could not bring was an external flash, ok, cool, Lets Get It!

Action shot, taking it to the basket!
So It is time to get it going, I arrive with my homie O, early of course cause I want to get a lay of the lighting. Hey the lighting is ok, I'm shooting manual now, I got this! I kept the ISO mid-range, and the F-Stop as low as possible, VIOLA!!! SUCCESS!!! The crowd piled in quickly, and the atmosphere was amazing. The Band was hype, the dancers were getting LOW!, and even a few celebs, Jon Wall, Andrae Blatche, and Javelle McGee was in the house. Then there was me, catching what ever moments I could, and loving every minute!!! See you guys next time.....
Lil Bro, Wes Dunning
The Burr, Howard's Gym
Jon Wall, Andrae Blatche, Javelle Mcgee



1 comment:

  1. No halftime shots? Or candids from the ladies in the crowd? The only reason why I use to go to the games. Only reason NBA players are there.

    ReplyDelete