Monday, March 21, 2011

A day at a D.C. Park...

Man in the Park, leading the drums
Well we meet again.....I do not know if i have what you guys want, but I definitely have some fun things to share with you all. (Well at least fun to me, which as we are all finding out, is all that matters. lol For the most part that is)
OK so back to the fun stuff......This weekend I was blessed to find that a friend, and former student( please do not ask how long ago I taught her, that is just rude to a young in heart individual like myself. KNOWING I am getting OLDER is hard enough, geez lol.)
OK, so she hits me on Twitter and shares that she will not only be in town, but she wants to shoot at a park in  DC. Please understand that was music to my ears!!!!!!!
We discussed the details back and forth, and came up with a time, and a place......I WAS ABOUT TO GO DOWN!!!!! (as one of my favorite comedians Kevin Hart would say lol)


 I rushed to the appointed place and time and was met by the crew, and the subject of the shoot, Which was my friend's cousin. Wait Wait, I am so rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me introduce you to my friend Celesti! So we arrive and I am amazed by the venue. I have been in this
CELESTI!!!
area of DC a thousand times and had never been in this park. There was soo much going on, and the park had beautiful structures all through the property. This was a photographers dream!! I jumped in the mix right away, and boy oh boy did I have a great time, while being serenaded by the drums all around us. The weather was great! I started the shoot with my kit lens and was snapping like a semi-automatic pistol!!!! I shot at any and everything, enjoying every moment. This again is what it is all about for me, the passion, the joy, the freedom, of capturing moments in time significant to me, so much that I want to share it with you all!! As the shoot came to a close, I pulled out my trusty 30mm 1.4 sigma lens, and just totally invaded the space of my subject, it was kool that she was kool about it. I am learning that as a photographer, you learn quickly to get in the space   of your subjects, Lol I
JUST DON"T CARE lol!!
Model for the day
So as I mentioned, I had a great time, and met some new friends to take pics with, and I have Celesti to thank. So I am taking this time out in my Blog to thank my friend Celesti for a wonderful day, and a chance to learn more about a city, and more about this craft, this privaledge we share, PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

Until Next time...CLICK CLICK CLICK!!!!





All about the LEGS!!

Grab shot of a Lady and her Dog

Some art we used as a Prop



My new Friends
Doing What we Do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment